Saturday, January 1, 2011

Bucket List

I have a bucket list

Well i guess you could call it a bucket list, its really a list of things i want my children to see and do before i expire.

being told you have a 10% chance of lasting 5 years tends to get you thinking about what matters in life.


Anyway..

1) go to Nepal and hike with the kids

2) show the kids poverty (go to bali)

3) go to south Africa

4) travel around NZ


So we have decided that we should start ticking these off, mid year the Madhouse Clan are off to Bali, I want the kids to have a kick ass holiday but also get a chance to see just how lucky they are, they have access to things that some people couldnt dream of and I want them to see that.

This year we started our Christmas tradition, every year the children help me make cupcakes and we take them somewhere to give back to those that help others, this year we took a batch of cupcakes up to the local ED. I want them to be exposed to some of the not so nice but real things in this life, to experience things i didnt have the chance to and be the change we want to see.

Compassion is the key this year. tick that off my bucket list

No comments:

Post a Comment